10.9.14

Joined Voda Model Management in NZ



Updates are always overdue these days, as it has been the longest I've gone without posting anything. I have been through some rough patches couple of months ago and am still coping. Thanks to those who have been supporting me. Other than that, it's winter - not the best of times. But now, it is finally September, and it's Spring.

Despite the rough patches and mini battles I had day after day, one of the happiest news I had was being on board with Voda Model Management NZ. I attended the casting, I met the girls, I had my photos done and had met the loveliest mumager, as the girls like to call her. I am so happy to be a part of this agency, despite being a petite 5" person!


One of the Sundays in July, the models were given a workshop and simple photoshoot for the website - it's new an improved now! We were taught how to walk - man, I had lots to learn!


Met really lovely and friendly people there. Like I said, I was just happy being there as compared to my previous experience with agencies. A lot did not accept me because of my height - obviously, but also that I am a part of a proper, active one. Perhaps this would be a good start in my mini modelling side career in Wellington, who knows.

I just visited Buoy Hair Salon this evening to have a chat with a hairstylist whom I will be modelling for at the The Oceanic Hairdressing Masters Award, which is an international hair competition. I can't imagine how many times I rejected being asked to do hair modelling for tiny contests in Malaysia, because I refused to cut my hair! But heck, it's time for a change. If this would be the most interesting thing that I'd do in Wellington, this would be it. ANTM Makeover, anyone?

We'll see when November comes.

xxx,
Ashley M.

1 comment:

  1. I want to be a model too!!!!! the high life sounds exciting babe!!!!

    ReplyDelete