24.7.14

Mini Makeup Haul & Reviews from BeautyBliss.co.nz



You know it's a good day when your mail comes in a form of makeup! Well, that's me at 9am this morning. :D I've just ordered some makeup off www.beautybliss.co.nz, after realizing that it's been ages since I shopped for makeup. My payment got processed on Wednesday night and it was delivered the next day. I like their service.


I got right to unboxing! The only thing that I didn't quite like was that there was no box - they were just in a parcel and because of that, the Rimmel powder had a massive crack on the cover. Must be the dumb mailman or something - who knows. It got to me like that. The good thing though, is that after emailing a picture of the powder to Beauty Bliss, they've agreed to send me a new one ASAP! *thumbs up*

This is the first time I'm purchasing makeup off the internet. It is a gamble - much like clothes, not knowing the exact shade of product, consistency, etc. But I'm much pleased to say that this mini haul did not disappoint!

In my parcel I got :
* Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent
*Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara
*NYX Matte Lipstick
colour: Indie Flick
*Lime Crime Velvetines – Wicked 

Reviewing these new lippies are so exciting, since I am not a lipstick person to begin with. Or a lipgloss person. It's just that I've decided to play up my lips every once in awhile to avoid looking the same all the time. Here goes.


First, I tried on the NYX Matte Lipstick in Indie Flick ($13). 


Pros : 
- Orangey-red shade, not too red that it's perfect for casual wear. I think I've found an everyday lisptick that won't make me look overdressed. 
- The lipstick is really creamy and easy to apply.
- The colour is highly pigmented and has a slight sheen (except that my lips are chapped so they didn't look so great).

Cons :
- The lipstick feels too fragile, rattles a little bit in its holder as I apply.

Verdict :
Love the colour. Compliments Asian skin or skin with yellow undertones.


This one grew on me pretty quickly. It's Lime Crime's Velvetines in Wicked ($30).
This one is a dark shade of burgundy, perfect for winter! It's one of the best lip stains I've ever used. I love stuff that doesn't get smudged or makes my lips feel weird after applying.


Pros :
- Touch proof (drank water and no mark on my cup, pressed my lips on the back of my hand and still no stain). 
- Probably lasts forever too since the heavy pigment really gets into your lips and stains it quite nicely, with a nice soft feel. 
- Looks so good. 
- Smells good.
- Even colour, nice finish (without chapped lips)

Cons :
- You need to be neat at applying without blurred smudgy lines.
- Slightly messy during removal with makeup remover. The colour really stays!

Verdict : 
I LOVE IT.

Next is the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara ($9.99).
Bought this and relied solely on reviews. Here's how it turned out.



Before 




After.

This is only after 1 coat of mascara. 
 I've been used to using drugstore products like Maybelline and Rimmel London, but I've not heard/tried this brand before. It definitely feels way better than those ones I've used before though!!

Pros :
- Looks super amazing!
- Doesn't clump
- Brush combs out lashes nicely
- Simple, inexpensive, definitely worth the money.

Cons :
- Not quite waterproof (though not a big deal for me)

Verdict :
Found a new brand that I can trust. So buying from Jordana next time.

That's the end of my mini makeup haul. I couldn't do the Rimmel powder because I intended to have it exchanged. I'll be looking out for it in mail over the next few days!

Makes me want to buy more makeup though. Haha! This site is worth checking out. I got free shipping over $52 - beautybliss.co.nz. Another site to shop for the finer cosmetics and not drugstore stuff is http://www.makeup.co.nz/. I haven't tried makeup.co.nz yet, though I definitely would if I were to shop again. They give free shipping if you spend over $50.


Happy shopping, makeup lovers.

ps. Posted more photos on my Instagram : http://instagram.com/ashleyev3

xxx,
Ashley M.





1 comment:

  1. I've heard of Jordana for a while now, but they don't have it here :( and 9.99 for a brand like Jordana is really quite affordable! I think it's been compared to the likes of L'Oreal

    ReplyDelete