22.7.12

Sneak Peek : Malaysian Latin Dance Championships 2012


Well hello! 
Like the bling on my face? Heheh

 It's been awhile as I've been madly busy with the Malaysian Latin Dance Championships 2012 which took place at Blackbox @ Solaris Dutamas, Mont Kiara yesterday.

Just a short post on updates as the lack of pictures just would not justify the entire event! With narration, of course! So, these pictures would just have to do for now.


My partner and I competed in the Salsa Beginner division, seeing as we only went for classes for 2 months (me especially) and we were brave enough to take on the challenge to compete for Salsa in whole of Malaysia. It took a whole lot of trust, determination and perseverance . Not to mention, we had quite some good competitors as well!

All the competitors that day were awesome and talented. I bet the audience had a wonderful evening being entertained by tightly choreographed routines and jaw-dropping stunts!

 The adrenaline was pumping in our blood before the show. Nonetheless, we shook the stress and the fear off our shoulders and just had fun onstage. To be honest, when we were performing onstage, everything seemed fast forward. But...

We nailed it. 
We brought back the silver and won First Runner-Ups!

It was quite a surprising moment to hear that we got first runner-ups because we were just really really beginners! And after all the horrible accidents, tears, sweat and blood... literally, I tell you... it all paid off. And I was so so so so happy! 


Despite all the nonsense and my complaining tweets on how tired I was and how crappy things got, I can't have a better partner than this guy standing proud in his golden vest. He is more than a dance partner. He's the partner-in-crime of all my crazy stuff and always supports me, physically and non-physically. Haha

 Also, a shoutout to all the competitors for MLDC 2012 ; congrats to all of you for putting together an entertaining event and doing an awesome performance!

As for my supporters and fans who came to cheer me on, thank you for being a part of the ovation for Daniel and I! It totally upped our energy to perform well for you all.

 And to the instructors and helpful friends from Rhythm Identity Dance Studio, we can't thank you enough for your guidance and staying up at the studio at night with us to watch us rehearse and advise us.


Do stay tuned for the proper post on this. It's gonna be long, and there's gonna be alot of pictures!!

#122 : Proud to call ourselves dancers now. 
xxx
Ashley Mah

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations again! Love the bling bling make up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you so much! It was nice bumping into you! I was so reluctant to peel off the bling. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!! :) I know how it feels to work really hard for something and have it pay off in the end :) you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you babe!! Feels wonderful and I'm proud to be called a dancer now! :)

    ReplyDelete