19.7.12

My weekend & Bastille Day Celebration with Kronenbourg

How was your weekend?

I had a horrible Thursday and Friday. Especially Friday, it was just really a series of unfortunate events. I had 5 things to do. Meetings, classes, rehearsals. 4 out of 5 of the stuff I had to do got cancelled. They literally self-destructed one after another. It was horrible because I got everything planned and laid out nicely. To top it all off, I had dance rehearsals at night, trying to do a stunt that involved some trapeze-like flying, I landed on my head and aaaallllmosssttt broke my neck.

Talk about a traumatic experience. Then again, no pain, no gain. Sigh. After everything, I remembered it was Friday the 13th. So I might as well just blame every damn thing on the fact that it was the 13th of July on a Friday, not that i'm superstitious. 


So, retail therapy rescued my mood. Went over to Ikea by myself to get some new mirror panels to stick in my room, and some PC games. Finally got to play Batman Arkham City and the graphics and action are awesome! And now my room has Tetris-inspired mirror tiles on the wall. :)

Saturday felt like a more promising day. In the evening, I went to celebrate Bastille Day with Kronenbourg with Tim & other MHB babes!



The event was held at Marini's on 57. All the way on the 57th floor, we were sipping on Kronenbourg and enjoying the view of Kuala Lumpur.



I think that's Jimmy Sax and a very talented band entertaining guests with jazz songs and setting the mood for the evening. I actually miss hearing music like that in comparison to blasting clubbing songs. It was really nice and romantic.


Of course, accompanied with yummy French finger food!



Ooh, guests were given a free mask each at the event as well! And I was super excited to put mine on (like a kid)! Heheh



Other than that, was some fun Art Jamming that was carried out at the open-air space of Marini's. 


It was a rather classy event! I really enjoyed it. I should also add that Bastille Day is the French national holiday which celebrates the start of the French revolution, which is formally called La FĂȘte Nationale.


Raj & I.. totally forced him to put on his mask and take a pic with me. Lol

That pretty much sums up my weekend. This week is a totally crazy week just preparing for the Malaysian Latin Dance Championships 2012, happening this Saturday. I'm gonna post more about it. So STAY TUNED!!

xxx 
Ashley Mah

No comments:

Post a Comment