16.6.13

Throwback Event - Night Out at Chyna Black


Going through my albums and I found these pictures. It's been quite awhile since I've gone to events and such. It's a different life here in Wellington. Albeit being quite relaxed, I miss the occasional opportunity to get dolled up and prance around in my 5-inch heels.

"Why can't she do that there anyway?"
Imagine walking uphill and downhill in heels. I'd close my eyes and silently mutter a prayer while I try not to imagine rolling an ankle or tripping over when I see a chick in super high heels walk the ups downs of the Welly road (though there are some who do that, they're frikkin brave). It ain't Bukit Bintang, or malls where the ground is flat, or all we have to climb are stairs.


Pic above taken by Stoutlager.
Speaking of which, I've not worn my favorite pair of Kiss Me false eyelashes in a LONG while too.
They're the flashiest ones I own. Although elaborate, they're nice and comfy and don't make my eyelids feel like they're lifting tiny weights and make my eyes constantly look half-opened. Still in my luggage, waiting to be used. I remember wearing them during this event too.


Anyway, this was one of the last few events I made it to before starting off my new life in Welly. It was Carlsberg's York Spencer's farewell party at Chyna Black, at The Pool, Ampang. I was there with the MHB girls to celebrate the farewell of our favorite Carlsberg Marketing Director (far right in the picture above).


It was also the beginning of when I started to like wearing stripes. This striped dress is from H&M, one of my favorites! Looks like I'm not alone in this stripey affair because my babe Linora was also in a gorgeous striped dress, with roses and all that! Also sipping from a bottle of Somersby Apple Cider. Yum. #greatmindsthinkalike


Of course, a party isn't a party without some hot dancers!


Honestly don't know why I was pouting and unintentionally photo-bombing this picture.


Andy & I, one of my favorite pictures. So missing him and his awesome pictures over here!


Pretty MHB Chelsea Chil and Linora


Group pic!
What looks like the unintentional theme color being Blue & Black... and I'm stickin' out like a sore thumb.


Us with Tim Chew!


Remembered this event being one of the really fun ones. People just chilling, mingling and drinking. I made a couple of new friends here as well as meeting some others that I've not seen in a while.

Chyna Black is a little lounge located above The Pool, Ampang. It's small and quaint, with dim lights and a DJ deck, where only the stuff that really interested me were played at the end of the party. Bleh. I did like the interior decor of Chyna Black. Wish there were more pictures to show the interior (maybe the next time I visit). It's a nice place for a chilled night out for drinks with friends. A girls' night out just came to mind. 


Me and Andrea, whom I met at the event. She has super cool hair and a nose ring and a fun personality to match! We ended up dancing alot when the event was about to end... just cos the songs were better when we were just gonna leave. -_-


What'd I tell ya?
Heh heh.

Missing those white heels. I remember getting them in Singapore for a bargain price of $35.
One of my favorite easy-to-put-on shoes. (cos I'm lazy like that)
Maybe I'll get them to be shipped over to Welly so I can use them in shoots.

Till the next post, kittykats.
xxx
Ashley Mah

2 comments: