3.9.12

Monologue : Wednesday night is like Friday night's little sister.

What a title right?

Yes, I love my Wednesday nights as much as Friday nights now! I've been dancing on Wednesday nights with the Salsa gang at Shivs Grill and Bar, at Bangsar.


Before I started salsa classes, I have been brought to social dance. That was when I got my first taste of the salsa dance scene.

My first thoughts were, "Hey, I did not know this sorta thing existed!" As I saw dancers filled the floor of what was supposed to be a restaurant dining area. I was immediately captured by the ambiance and most importantly, the music surrounding the place.

Blaring trumpets and catchy beats filled the room as I watched men spinning their women and dipping them. It was all so beautiful. But it was also scary for me as it was my VERY first time dancing with people I don't know and the worst part was I knew nuts about salsa at that time! Then again, the people were helpful and patient with me, thus I had a good time.


I've been going social dancing for about 5 months now. And whenever I'm having a bad week or upset, this usually remedies my mood. 

Plus, it's always fun to hang out with the dance buds!


Our Malaysian Bachata Champion, Bani, who lifted me a few inches off the ground with only one arm. XD


And Charms who made my dance experience all the more fun! This was taken after we had 2 to 3 hours of dancing, and still posing for a photo despite being all sweaty and disgusting. Hehe.


Interested to see what social salsa dancing is all about? Feel free to drop by at Shivs Grill and Bar on Wednesday and Monday nights! I promise, you'd feel like you're in a whole other world when you enter the bar. At least, that's how I feel. ;)

Venue : No 64 Jalan Maarof, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur.

Other than that, I've been busy performing for Yamaha's Woodwind and Brass Fair that took place at Tropicana City Mall last last weekend. It was on for 2 days and I had played on both days, on my electric violin. :)


In other news, I've been seeing a really good chiropractor at The Spinal Joint, at the 10th floor of Empire Shopping Gallery for my silly knees. It appears that I have mild Scoliosis hence affecting my knees some way or another. I've gone for a few checkups and treatments.

 Now, I'm happy to say that I've gone without my braces for 7 days and feeling fine, my knees have seemed to gained back their strength, and I no longer have to walk like a robot. The feeling is awesome. Even my chiropractor is pleased with my progress. Yay! I hope to recover fully soon!

I've also just performed for Malaysia's Hottest Blogger's 2nd Anniversary that took place last Saturday. 

Stay tuned for more updates!!

xxx 
Ashley Mah

1 comment: